SynopsisEditJoe Sugden & Henry Wilks are both seriously ill after crashing their cars into each other at the entrance to Inglebrook. Joe is in a coma & has broken his right arm & some ribs. Wilks has a broken leg. Both the Sugden and Wilks families are upset. Tom Merrick tells Ruth about a car accident between Henry and one of the Sugden brothers. Tom taunts Ruth about the accident pretending that Jack Sugden was involved (Jack & Ruth were a couple before Jack left Beckindale 8 years ago). Jack helps Matt Skilbeck on the farm, but then hires Tom Merrick. There is a comic scene with Amos & village policeman PC Ball tasting a customers beer in The Woolpack. Marian Wilks visits her father Henry Wilks in hospital, he says Joe was to blame for the accident.
- Annie Sugden - Sheila Mercier
- Jack Sugden - Andrew Burt
- Joe Sugden - Frazer Hines
- Matt Skilbeck - Frederick Pyne
- Peggy Skilbeck - Jo Kendall
- Sam Pearson - Toke Townley
- Amos Brearly - Ronald Magill
- Henry Wilks - Arthur Pentelow
- Marian Wilks - Gail Harrison
- Tom Merrick - David Hill
- Ruth Merrick - Lynn Dalby
WRITER Kevin Laffan
DIRECTOR Gordon Flemyng
PRODUCER David Goddard.
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER Peter Holmans
Previous Episode Episode 8 (7th November 1972)Edit
Next Episode Episode 10 (14th November 1972)Edit
The customer in the Woolpack having his beer tasted by Amos and PC Ball was uncredited, therefore played by an unknown actor.