Connelton is a village in between Emmerdale and Hotten. It is bigger than Emmerdale and is sometimes mentioned by Emmerdale residents.
History and FactsEdit
- In 1972, Jack Sugden mentions a country hotel called The Feathers (episode 4) to Wallace so he can meet with Lynne Sugden (as seen in episode 8).
- in 1973, Janie Blakey mentions that supposed wealthy businessman, Keith Prewitt, in fact used to own corner shoe shop in Connelton (episode 77).
- In 1991, Connelton had a pub called The Black Dog. Carol Nelson said she had spoken to the manager and at that time was, allegedly, looking for a bar maid and waiter. N.B. The latter info may have been a bluff on Carol's part to help persuade Alan Turner to let Mark Hughes off early (episode 1600).
- According to Marlon Dingle, half a mile [from Emmerdale village] up Connelton Lane is the location of Home Farm (episode 4958).
- There is church called St Margaret's (mentioned in episode 2110).
- Katie Sugden advises Jonny Foster not to go to the charity shop in Connelton but her reason of why is interrupted (episode 5052).
- Brenda mentions there is a tea dance the next afternoon in Connelton (episode 7368).